UFCW Local 75 is pleased to award up to 20 scholarships for the 2016-17 academic year through the Steve Fricke Memorial Scholarship Program. The scholarship program is open to members of UFCW Local 75, their dependent children, legal wards, & spouses.
Call 877.665.0075 x1951 to request an application by mail.
- Members in continuous good standing for at least 12 months immediately preceding February 1, 2016, their dependent children, legal wards, and spouses are eligible to apply, subject to the following additional provisions:
- High School applicants must graduate by June 2016; college undergraduates must not graduate prior to June 2016.
- Employees of UFCW Local 75, Heartland Health & Wellness Fund, UFCW Intl. Union, and their families are not eligible.
- Current or previous winners of UFCW Local 75/911/1099 or UFCW International Union Scholarships are not eligible.
- No more than one grantee shall be selected from one family (household) during a single year.
Application and Selection
- Applicants shall complete the UFCW Local 75 Scholarship Application.
- Completed applications must be received no later than May 1, 2016.
- Scholarship winners and their photographs may be published in UFCW Local 75 Vision Magazine, on the UFCW Local 75 website, or social media outlets.
- Scholarship winners shall be informed not later than July 1, 2016.
- Scholarship monies will be made payable jointly to scholarship recipients and educational institution.
Winners are selected at the sole discretion of UFCW Local 75 or its designee.