The Bargaining Committee has reached a tentative agreement for the Meijer Distribution Center facilities.
Highlights of Proposed Agreement:
- Elimination of second tier wage schedule
- Wage increases and bonuses for top rated employees
- Higher start rate and improved training for new hires
- Employees with a start time between 11am and 3am receive a $.90 per hour premium
- Addition of two PDO’s for employees with 20 years or more
- Minimum hours for part-time workers increased to 16 hours from 12 hours
- Quarterly Management/Steward Meetings
- Bidding for work groups every spring and fall
- Posting on holiday work for every holiday
- Language to require bargaining over the new dairy processing facility at Tipp City DC complex
Your Union Officers, Representatives, and Bargaining Committee recommend a YES VOTE for RATIFICATION of the Proposed Agreement.
Contract ratification will be conducted by mail. Ballots will be counted on Friday, April 11, 2014. Ballot count will begin at 1:30 p.m.; anyone who wishes to observe is welcome to attend. The votes will be counted at UFCW Local 75 – 1st Floor Conference Center 7250 Poe Ave., Dayton, OH 45414.
Should you have any questions, please contact your Union Representative.